9.12.2007

Response to the comments

Thank you, thank you....
I agree that this type of conversation is extremely valuable and inportant.. and most times we use "fancy" words to express things that the architecture miss or fail at. I reall want this space to work (the "underneath") but feel that it will not really be the gateway it could be. As far as the structure goes... I will send it out to Kurt in pdf format... The framing plan really is for the 2-4 floors (they did not include the "breeze catcher") the exterior walls will be the ICF material and they will be constructed on the concrete over steel deck as this stacks up. The ground floor will be ICF on the grade slab. I will do a quick exploratio of a full section and structural system.

The use of collums I have been avoiding (to be honest) in hopes of keeping the linear/horizontal feel of the Boylston street scape. I will look at alternate options to achieve the root of linear.

There is so much to say and discuss... But at this stage is will be create,post,test,fail,rework and repeat...

This all said, I still need the deliverables... a functional building, a sense of space and an experiance that is natural to the site, BAC and profession.

As I continue to work through these things I am confident that all will work with solid backing without hiding behind fancy words...but supported by the root of the fancy words.


Posted via email from my cool Q.

3 comments:

werner said...

Ken, are you working? are you posting? talk to us.

Ken Ballard said...

Werner,
I am work.. slowly, but things are getting done... the house has been apart for a while (new carpet) and internet down.. i will have stuff posted tonight (late). I don't want to sound like i am full of excusess.... life happened and i will post and hopefuly amaze you.

ken

werner said...

Ken, wher's the beef?