9.22.2007

Some time for reflection before the final push...

This semester has been extremely intense... from the first week during the sketch problem (my first attempts were very hectic and busy) to the first day at the intensive where we meet up with the new 20-something students and a lecture to the last few weeks were detailing, clearer elevation/plans sections created new issues and solutions for me.

I look forward to the final reflection for this semester... I have learned a great deal.

Not everything I may want to be true is true, it is much harder to work backwards than forwards although sometimes backwards can further your progress, there is a lot outside my environment (Las Vegas, my firm, my consultants, jurisdictions, etc) that I am not familiar with and stepping into these areas can be frustrating as well as very rewarding both personally and demonstrated in design/thought process.

I feel that I spent 80% of my time doing 20% of the product.... This last week will offer, I hope; a lot of resolve to my design, motivation, thought process and knowledge base. To critically look at all the parts as a whole rather than small wholes that work individually has been the the most influential part of the semester to me. Looking back at the initial Parti (to be honest.. really the first time I started consciously and graphically to define a project from the start), I feel that I have still retained the individual parts... but may have missed on the whole and am eager to see how I these will start to have a better language and come together as a whole. I look forward to the thesis, professional work and other design problems knowing that I am armed with these new skills, thought process and critical review.

1 comment:

F.R. said...

Ken,

I feel your frustration too.
It has been a very intense semester for me too. Seems like every time I try to move forward, I need to move backward again...
But keep it strong, and move forward. We're all in the same boat trying to past this big waves.